Job Title: Senior Manager, Marketing and Audience Development
Reports to: CEO & Head of Marketing
Revision Date: December 2021
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Office Location: Remote
This position is integral to the short & long-term success of The Podglomerate’s Marketing department, due to the record demand for The Podglomerate’s marketing services, and the location of this position within the organization. This position sits between the VP of Marketing and Audience Development, and Marketing Managers.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for independently executing marketing campaigns for our clients, that meet or exceed campaign goals, and ultimately lead to renewal of services. Further, they will be asked to provide mentorship and guidance to more junior staff members, and innovate ways to successfully deliver campaigns in a quickly-changing industry.
Select active campaigns include clients like Expedia, CVS, Andreessen Horowitz, RBC, New Hampshire Public Radio, MIT, PBS, and more.
- Salary: target range of $75-100k/year, depending primarily on demonstrated success in the “Qualifications/Requirements” section below.
- Bonus: target 10% of salary, contingent upon a combination of (1) overall business performance, (2) department performance, (3) and individual performance. Bonus amount paid could be less-than, equal-to, or greater-than the stated target.
- Benefits: 100% employer-sponsored premiums
- Medical; Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield; PPO/HMO depending on employee legal residence
- Dental; Delta Dental
- Vision; Delta Vision
- Short-term disability; SunLife
- Long-term disability; SunLife
- Life Insurance; SunLife
- Friday team lunches
- Time off: Unlimited PTO, with manager approval
We are always open to discussing new and evolving roles with team members. Should the employee wish to grow into a new role, there are a number of opportunities for growth and development. Presently, we have identified the future growth opportunities. In all likelihood, a new role will likely encompass a combination of the below opportunities and roles.
- Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Audience Development. Our VP is taking more marketing responsibility from our CEO–both in terms of executing contracts, and broader strategic direction for the Marketing business-line. We would like for this candidate to eventually grow into a more senior position to take more of the VP’s responsibilities, so they may have more time to take tasks from the CEO. Effectively being third in-line from a managerial standpoint in the marketing division of the company.
- Staff Management. Once independently proficient, you could formally manage a team of junior marketing employees, and operate more in a supervisory capacity–accountable for the success of each campaign, but with your team executing the majority of the labor.
- Business Development. While executing/supervising campaigns, recruit new clients, build relationships, and generate new marketing revenue for the company. Commissions paid for new sales and successful contract execution.
- Mentorship & Education. Our intent is to keep adding and building strong marketing professionals in this space. We will need someone to oversee their growth and development alongside a workload of successful campaign execution. We view internal, continuous education as integral to our success–as our team grows, the need for focus in this area will grow with it.
Essential Job Functions
Successfully, independently execute marketing campaigns.
Maintain client relations and communicate action items, deliverables, and timelines for campaigns. At any given time the company may be actively running 6 different campaigns, so prioritization skills are a must.
Keep up to date on software developments in the podcast, publicity, and marketing world, specifically Megaphone, Chartable, Muckrack, Podchaser, Podsights, and more.
Manage the marketing team by delegating tasks and priorities, advising and mentoring, and keeping an open line of communication.
Work with the team to research, implement, execute, analyze, and iterate publicity, marketing, cross promotion, and paid media campaigns.
Work with the team to report and analyze the above marketing activities.
Support the division VP, and CEO as requested
Maintain active, accurate, and complete records of campaign tasks and progress in Notion system
- Provide informal mentorship and assistance to junior members of Marketing department
- A demonstrated history of successfully-executed podcast marketing campaigns in the last 2 years – in this instance success to be defined by setting and achieving KPIs unique to that campaign.
- 5+ years professional experience with direct client exposure and consultation
- 5+ years experience in digital media and/or marketing, publicity, audio
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to provide actionable constructive feedback objectively and with diplomacy
- Demonstrated knowledge of current media, audio, and podcast industries
- Computer and technology literacy in current digital media and sourcing platforms, (Megaphone, Chartable, Muckrack, PodchaserPro, Mixmax), Google Workspace, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). We can teach you what you do not know, but you’ll be expected to be proficient within 3 months of starting work.
The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
Flexible schedule required
Remote work – employee controls working environment
Labor is akin to that of an “office environment”, with frequent, computer, mouse, keyboard use
Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Please send a resume to listen [at] thepodglomerate.com to apply for this role. Please also write a few sentences about why you’re interested in the role and your qualifications.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
The Podglomerate LLC follows Equal Opportunity Employment Commission guidelines. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.